Tuesday, April 19, 2016

5 months (almost)


This little jumping bean is almost 5 months old! I can't believe it! Where does the time go? I love this photo of him. He's been grabbing at me with his hands and his feet lately. It's so wonderful to have him reaching out for me.

Other milestones -
  1. He's been rolling over. He gets stuck on his tummy at night and cries, we have to wake up and turn him over.
  2. I think he's starting to notice our dog, Bree. 
  3. Babbling more, blowing bubbles and cooing. 
  4. Lots of drool. I think little teeth are coming!
  5. He's really getting good at holding his head up while he's on his belly. 
  6. He currently can scootch across the room on his back. He pushes himself with his legs.
  7. He's started to squirm around while I change his diaper. This makes changing him tough. 
  8. He grabs onto my arm and gnaws on it - more teething. 
I've been doing good with breastfeeding. Pumping is going okay at work. I think I've increased my milk production since being back at work. I get about 16 ounces during an 8 hour work day. The weekends are painful because he doesn't consume that much on a regular day. I'm starting to get quite a stockpile in the freezer, which is exactly what I want because I'm going to stop nursing him mid-July in preparation for our next transfer in November - God willing!

I've already got out homestudy packet, which we need to update and renew - pay another three grand. (Gah!) My husband asked me to add up our total projected expenses for our next round of treatments and it's almost ten grand for us to get the ball rolling. That includes homestudy in our state and then having our homestudy checked and being matched with more embryos. There are so many different fees it's hard to keep them all straight. 

We have a savings account that we keep just for our adoption/transfer attempts - we've built it up over the last four years. No vacations, no expensive dinners, just steady, down to earth living. It's the only way I can stay sane - knowing the money is ready and waiting for another attempt. We got The Total Money Makeover as a wedding present and we've followed those steps to stay financially grounded. It's been helpful to stay on top of our finances - since babies aren't "free" for us.

Praying for you all on this journey.

xo Jill

2 comments:

  1. He is so so cute!!! Yes changing diapers is becoming a challenge these days. It's easier for him to grab his feet without the diaper on so then I have to pry his legs down to get the diaper on! haha I love reading what other babies are doing that are around the same age as mine :) Excited for your next transfer!! I'm trying to contemplate when ours should be too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amie! I'm excited and scared to start trying again. I keep telling myself you have to walk through the fire of treatments to get another baby - and they are so worth it.

      Delete