Sunday, July 20, 2014

counting down the days


This is what July has been for me - Xs on a calendar.

I know it's sad, but the best part of every day for me has been the moment each evening when I take my birth control pill and X another day off. We're getting closer and closer to the 30th which is when we sign our consent forms and begin our protocol.

There have been other things going on. Some deadlines at work, a trip up to the farm for a family gathering and bonfire. I've been keeping my weekly acupuncture appointment and I even read a book this weekend: The Fault In Our Stars.  Which I found to be just depressing, but I couldn't stop reading it because I had to see what happened to the characters. I won't be seeing the movie. Wrapping up The Ocean at the End of the Lane, by Neil Gaimin - as well. I even sewed some buttons on a baby sweater for one of the women in my book club.

So I've been doing more than marking off days . . . but right now my life feels pretty hollow.

Trying to fill that large gap with hope.

Talk to you soon!

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment