Thursday, July 10, 2014

practice transfer and sono (IVF #1)

Well, I made it through today.

My uterus feels like a punching bag, but I'm not going to complain. The results of my sonohysterogram were clear and good. I have a tilted uterus (like my mother and my twin sister) so the doctor had a difficult time positioning the ultrasound wand to get a clear shot. I barely felt the practice transfer. It was kinda a let down after the build-up in my mind.

I was dreading this appointment because with our luck I thought something will show up on the sono that will impede our forward progress. We are finally, slowly, day-by-daily inching forward.

Now my good doctor goes on vacation for two weeks and then WE CAN START.

Some good news is that we saw an egg follicle on my left ovary. Even though I'm on birth control (Emoquette) it looks like I will be ovulating. My doctor said that this is quite common for this type of birth control since they have such low hormone levels. I was elated with that news (but I'm an infertile) I think I would have panicked if I would have been someone who wasn't trying desperately to have a child.

So . . . I should ovulate in a few days.

One more shot the dark to do this naturally. Could be our lucky month.

Don't worry I'm not holding my breath . . . but sometimes fate is a weird sort of fairy-godmother.

Outside of those crazy musings, I've started to stockpile Crinone and begun the calls to the insurance company to inquire about drug coverage. We are not expecting any coverage so any sort of savings would be a windfall.

Well there have been a lot of BFPs in my blog roll this month. So happy for all of you new mommies and I hope I can join your ranks soon.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment