Wednesday, July 2, 2014

day 3 labs

Day three labs were normal.

Finally, I can let go of this crazy anxiety that I've been carrying around that I'd messed up my body beyond repair. I think it was time and acupuncture that brought me back around.

Thank you for this blessing. Is what I whispered after I got off the phone with the nurse from the clinic. We still have several appointments to go before we can start injections, but tonight I will start on the birth control pill.

I suppose you have all felt the irony of that. Two years ago my husband and I were whispering together before bedtime, plotting when we should get off the pill. We actually delayed a few months - because if we got pregnant that first month I would have been due to have the baby during my husband's annual training. That wasn't a stretch in my imagination - my twin got pregnant her first month of trying three years ago.

Happy fools.

But I do wish we could go back to that place. That giddy excitement and relaxation that comes with the expectation that life is going to go exactly as you have planned. This last year and a half has been a roller coaster of tears and emotional agony. Very few people have been able to relate to our struggle . . .

Day three labs were normal.

I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment