Tuesday, July 22, 2014

fertility salsa


I've been doing everything that I can lately to increase my odds of success for our upcoming IVF. As far as I can tell the only things I can really do are take special care with my diet and focus on keeping a positive attitude and letting go of all of my stress.

Easier said than done, right?

So, one of the ways that I've always combated stress is cooking. Here's a recipe for a fun, fresh salsa that will also boost your fertility.

Fertility Salsa


1 can organic black beans
1 can organic corn
1 jalapeno pepper - de-seeded and minced very small
1 avocado - diced
1 bunch of green onions - minced very small
2 cloves garlic - minced
a few tomatoes - I only had one that I harvested from my garden

Chop all veggies and mix together in large bowl. Then drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon cumin and salt and pepper over the mixture and combine. I didn't have any limes, but the juice from one lime also adds some zip to this salsa.

Watch this video to get some other ideas on fertility super foods. I found it to be very helpful.

Talk you later:

Jillian

P. S.  I changed the comment settings on this blog, so hopefully that will allow some of you who haven't been able to post comments to share! Thanks!

P. S. S. I talked to our insurance provider today and it looks like they will be covering a majority of our IVF medications - if this turns out to be the case we've just received a major blessing. We will still be paying out of pocket for the procedure, but having to pay a co-pay for the meds would be wonderful. I'll have to call back to our insurance company again in a few days and talk to a different rep and see if they give me the same cost estimates. Nothing's final until you get the bill . . .

7 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I am going to make it tomorrow! Oh and yay for the meds! Fingers crossed it will be covered- that is a LOT of money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This salsa speaks to my heart! It has all the things I absolutely love in life, in particular, avocados and black beans! I am so happy that your insurance will be covering some of the meds- it is insanely expensive and that will be a huge help. My fingers are crossed for you!
    P.S. I added your blog to my "links" page:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YUM that looks Delicious! I am going to try it out this weekend. Thank you! And that is so Awesome that your Insurance is going to cover some of your meds. Our IVF ended up costing us $17 grand all out of pocket. It's so Expensive! Good Luck to you in your IVF journey! I know exactly what you are up for, it's a roller coaster. I hope you get your Happy Ending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. medication coverage is HUGE! hope it really works out that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popped over here to check on you-- hope you are doing well and we get an update post this week! Thinking of you:) Luna

    ReplyDelete