Saturday, September 6, 2014

grow follicles! grow!


So, this morning's appointment was much, much better. The other follicles are catching up! The nurse who was doing my ultrasound said that they would definitely want to try to capture every singe follicle that they can, so that means we are going to have to manage my stims very wisely these next few days.

I didn't write down my stats, but I do have one follicle at 18 mm today with the smallest of the 10 coming in at 9 mm. The median range seemed to be 13-10 mm. I have heard that things develop quickly toward the end of the stimulation phase so I'm just praying and letting God have the wheel on this.

I'm going to let the numbers surprise me. One of these eggs will help form our child.

I'm taking it easy today. Preparing some food that will get us through next week. It sounds like we will be triggering on Monday or Tuesday with the retrieval 36 hours after that and the transfer 3 days after that - depending on how the embryologist feels about everything.

Thank you God for the improvement and THANK YOU ALL for your kinds words of encouragement and support. I can't tell you how grateful I am. Truly grateful. I would be going crazy with anxiety without all of your support.

Sending love:

Jillian

4 comments:

  1. I hope the rest of the weekend brings relaxation, and you will have an awesome retrieval. Does your clinic usually do 3 days transfers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we will be doing a 3 day transfer. Thanks, Sara!

      Delete
  2. Yay!!!! I told you :). You have really great numbers and they really grow fast from here on. My advice is have comfy pants. I was so sore and swollen there was only one pair of dress pants that fit me for work and I still couldn't button them up. Also, I wish I would have prepared what we would be eating the last week of our IVF and for the two days of bed rest. I was grocery shopping when I was waddling like a duck in pain. Good luck!!! You are doing awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Denise! I'm wearing the my only pair of pants that still fit right now.

    ReplyDelete