Monday, October 13, 2014

more hoops (mock cycle)



If everything shakes down that way it has been shaking down for the past twenty-eight consecutive months, I will be getting my period this Thursday and then I will be starting birth control pills in preparation for our mock cycle at the end of November with Dr. K at the National Embryo Donation Center in Tennessee.

I'm excited. I mean, taking a pill each night before bed with psychologically help my brain and heart understand that we are moving on. We're doing something. Trying something new. This will work. I'm excited to start the adoption process and see what God has in store for us. I wish we could start matching with donor families before Christmas, but that's not how it's going to work out.

We will know soon enough.

I'm anxious, like I am before every new fertility endeavor that we embark on. How will my body respond? I have no idea. How will the Estrace effect my mood and emotions? I guess I'll just have to find out.

If any of you who have been to the NEDC clinic out in Tennessee have any suggestions on places to stay while we're there, it would be very much appreciated! I see that a list of suggestions was provided in our info packet, but I'm curious what you all think.

Thanks!

Jillian

2 comments:

  1. It's so good to be able to control something in the situation, and taking a daily pill does add an element of control. I would recommend the hotel in the packet that says they have a $99 rate when you use the special code. We've stayed there three times now and have been very happy. Email me if you have any other questions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! you are on the road. it is important that they put you through a mock cycle to get some sense of how your uterus lining responds. however, having been down this road more times that I care to remember, your lining responds differently every time and just because it works on the mock, doesn't mean it is dependable on the actual (which is why I wish they would just run actual transfer cycles, since everything is FET anyway, rather than a trial empty run).

    ReplyDelete