Sunday, March 8, 2015

embryo adoption update


We are getting close. I did my last lupron shot last night and I'm up to three estrace pills a day. This upcoming Wednesday I have a progress ultrasound and labs and if everything is looking good we're set to leave on Friday for a road trip to Knoxville, Tennessee.

I've spent the weekend cleaning and cooking and relaxing. I made chicken noodle soup using the bone broth recipe that I wrote about before. I went grocery shopping and got the ingredients to make nourishing meals to sustain us all week. I've started my list of things to pack for our road trip. We even sat down together and ordered some audio books from the library to listen to on the way there. We picked out several for our 20 hour plus trip - each way. 


Here are the socks I knit for our transfer day. I probably won't take them off my feet until we get our beta results - they will be able to run away themselves!

I feel so grateful for our donors and for our five precious embryos. I just feel good and hopeful. It is a miracle that we are here. No matter what happens, I'm going to remember that.

I'm scared. I want this so badly to work. I want to be one of those women that gets to show you a positive pee stick. I'm scared to go through with the waiting and the testing (possible disappointment/possible overwhelming joy) but that's the only way that we are going to have a family - so here I come.

Thank you everyone for all of your support. For all of your kind, kind words. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for all the ways you've lifted me up. Please pray for us in the coming days.

Sending love:

Jillian


2 comments:

  1. I'm excited you're here! I'm very hopeful for you. Have safe travels on such a long trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the socks, they are so cute!! You are almost there and we will celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete