Thursday, March 19, 2015

transfer day + 3 days past 5 day transfer


Our transfer day was on Monday and it went as good as I had hoped that it would. Out of the three five-day embryos that we adopted from our first family, two survived. They were looking good at 3AB and 3AC just before transfer, so I'm hoping that at this point they have expanded, hatched and snuggled right into my uterus.

This was my first transfer of any kind, we didn't get to transfer anything after our failed IVF attempt this past September, so I thought I knew what to expect (and for the most part I did) but I was not expecting that alcohol swab you know where at the beginning of the transfer procedure. Whoo-EEE!

That's all I have to say.

Our road trip was uneventful, which is exactly the way we like it. I got a lot of knitting in. I'm making a baby blanket and knitting another pair of socks for myself. I'm almost done with the blanket - this has been in the works since our honeymoon. And I finished one sock.

I'm definitely knitting to distract myself from the stress of waiting for our BFP.  The only symptoms that I've had so far is that I've been really, really tired. Last night I was in bed right after supper and I had some sensitivity in my uterus - a few pinches and prickly feelings. I woke up last night with sharp jabbing pricks in my breasts, can't say with that means. Hope all these things could mean that we are pregnant.



I'm still wearing my lucky socks! I'm taking today off work and I will go back for one day tomorrow, then rest up over the weekend. We are having a family birthday party for my husband on Saturday afternoon, that I have to make some things for. My husband has been really great about doing all of the heavy lifting.

I will keep you all posted. This is really hard being the one in the "hot seat" waiting for results. It's much easier to be an observer and pray and cheer. I knew it would be this way and I'm so grateful to be where I am now.

Praying so, so hard:

Jillian

2 comments:

  1. Yeah the cleaner sure does BURN. Lol. Glad you're home safely. I'm very hopeful for great news for you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying this leads to your BFP!!!

    ReplyDelete