Friday, August 15, 2014

pins + needles


The countdown is on for Monday to get here so that I can start my Lupron injections and take the next step on this IVF journey. I've been "X"ing off the days on the calendar to get to this point and now that only the weekend stands between me and the sharp end of a needle I'm very happy. (Only an infertile woman would say that.)

So, I'm ready for the next step, but I'm feeling pretty cautious and keeping my hopes in check.

I was reading through my blog roll after work and I saw Sara's sad news and I felt the wind go out of me. I wish we didn't have to go through this and I wish that once we finally saw those two perfect lines that we didn't have to experience that sadness of losing that hope. I am so sorry.

My husband and I will be sticking pretty close to each other and home this weekend. I'm going to be working on a little quilt. (Notice how I just call it a little quilt - I used to call these things baby quilts, but now I keep things in check.) We got a gate to keep our dog out the basement and we call it a "puppy gate" - even though everyone else would call it a "baby gate."

I hope you all have a good weekend. I can't thank you enough for the support you have given me, it means so much. I'm praying for everyone who's struggling with infertility - that we get an answer to our prayers and support through hard times.

XOXO

Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment