Wednesday, August 27, 2014

stims start friday


 
I had my baseline ultrasound and labs today. The nurse didn't call my back to change our plan of action so my next step is to start stim medication on Friday. We have a family event that night so I plan on sticking my follistim pen into my purse and injecting myself in the bathroom. I hope this works out. It will be my first time giving myself that particular shot, but I've been through training for it twice and watched like a hundred videos online.

The nurse did say she say a tiny cyst on my right ovary, but not to worry about it. I guess my doctor wasn't worried about it because no one called. I'm feeling pretty low key right now. Part of my brain is thinking "you should be freaking out, there's so much stuff you have to keep track of!" But I don't think I should freak out about this any more than necessary.

I'll save my freak out for some good news at the end of this journey.

So, that's all I have to up date. I have to go in again on Monday, which is Labor Day. It's actually the only day out of this entire weekend that my husband and I are not doing something. The appointment is in the morning, so I intend to come home and just relax after that. It's kinda nice this appointment landed on that day. One less day that I have to go into work late.

(image from sunflowersandsearchinghearts.tumblr.com)

4 comments:

  1. I was just going to check up on you and see how you were going. It's good news- one step at a time, ok? Don't get ahead of yourself and please, take it easy. Cancel other appointments- they are just recurring barns on the journey that you need to be focussed on (and honestly, they won't miss you for two weeks). The stims really do make you tired and even if you don't feel sleepy, it's easy to underestimate how much rest and water your body needs to produce your maximum follicle count. Don't go out, run errands, attend parties or visit family- just leave work early, hydrate, go for short walks, sleep like your life depends on it and let everything else go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this advice, Weylin. I'm going to take it easy. Last night I was so tired and I had a headache and I just couldn't figure out why . . . then I remembered all the meds I'm on and I just went to bed.

      Delete
  2. eeeekkkkk.... I am so excited for you! You will do just fine with the shots. I was so scared of poking myself but was so surprised at how easy they slide in and mine didn't hurt at all. Yes, don't stress, or at least don't try to. Easier said than done.. this I know :)

    ReplyDelete